What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care system that blends modern scientific knowledge with traditional and natural forms of medicine. The naturopathic philosophy is to stimulate the healing power of the body and treat the root cause of the disease. Symptoms of disease are seen as warning signals of improper functioning of the body, and unfavorable lifestyle habits.
Naturopathic doctors are well educated in nutrition, botanical medicine, lifestyle counselling, homeopathy, acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine and mind-body medicine as methods of treatment for various conditions.
What are the Education Requirements of Naturopathic Doctors?
A licensed naturopathic doctor (ND) attends a four-year, graduate-level naturopathic medical school and is educated in all of the same basic sciences as an MD, but also studies holistic and nontoxic approaches to therapy with a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness. An ND must take rigorous board exams in order to be licensed in the province or state they practice in.
- Naturopath – Brampton, ON
- Naturopath – Mississauga, ON
- Naturopath– Scarborough, ON
- Naturopath – Toronto, ON
- Naturopath – North York, ON
Can Naturopathic Medicine Help You?
- Naturopathic medicine takes an individualized approach to treating patients. No two patients are the exact same so no two treatment protocols will be the exact same.
- Naturopathic doctors treat a wide variety of conditions such as allergies, asthma, pain and musculoskeletal conditions, digestive system problems (GERD, IBS, IBD, food sensitivities), autoimmune conditions, women’s health problems, mental health issues (depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder)
- You should see a naturopathic doctor if you want to start taking charge of your own health and optimizing the way you live your life.
What happens in Your Initial Visit?
An initial visit entails an in depth review you’re your current and past health state as well as complaint-oriented physical exams when warranted (blood pressure, temperature, etc.). Naturopathic doctors can review any lab work you have and may suggest further lab work depending on your condition.
Initial adult consultation: $ 200 -1.5 hrs
Follow up adult visit: $100 – 45 mins
Initial child/student/senior: $170 – 1.5 hrs
Follow up child/student/senior: $90 – 45 mins
15 minute skype follow up: $40
30 minute follow up: $70
15 minute phone consultation: free