Brushing your teeth is not always enough to prevent bacterial growth. It is safe to seek professional help to further protect your teeth from any potential oral problems. Regular dental cleaning will help preserve the health of your teeth and gums.
Why Have Your Teeth Professionally Cleaned?
Without regular oral care bacterial plaque may cause gingivitis and periodontal disease. There is evidence linking periodontal disease to a variety of serious health conditions including; heart disease, stroke and respiratory disorders. There is also a link between Diabetes and poor oral health.
What to Expect
An Ontario Self Initiated Registered Dental Hygienist will come to your home with: a portable client chair, stool, an overhead light, portable unit that includes a compressor and suction unit, scalers, ultrasonic scaler, hand piece for polishing and dental insurance forms.
The dental Hygienist will then: review your medical history, provide a thorough intra and extra oral exam, teeth cleaning; scaling, polishing, desenitizing and oral hygiene instruction. A referral for further treatment and a written report will provided if needed.
Very little space is required for an in home or office dental cleaning.
How Long Does a Cleaning Take?
The initial Consultation and cleaning consists of a thorough health history and focused oral examination that helps the Dental Hygienist identify factors influencing a patient’s health. A teeth cleaning takes appropriately 45-60 minutes to complete.
Terms You May Hear:
- Extraoral – an assessment of the exterior area of the head, neck, jaw joints and lymph nodes
- Intraoral – an assessment of all teeth and surrounding tissue. This requires taking: your periodontal measurements – as well as an assessment of the health of your gums.
- Scaling – the detailed removal of tartar and bacterial plaque.
- Polishing – The removal of superficial stains either with polishing paste or air polishing.
- Desensitizing – The application of a concentrated fluoride varnish to alleviate the discomfort of tooth sensitivity.
Extended Health Coverage
Most extended health plans have coverage for dental hygiene and as all services provided will be under the care of an Ontario self initiated Registered Dental Hygienist you will be reimbursed by your plan. A claim form will be completed at the end of the appointment, which can then be sent to your insurance company for any reimbursements.
As of September 1, 2007, Bill 171 passed legislation allowing Dental Hygienists to practise independently.
Caring for our teeth does not just end with brushing. Dental cleaning should be a habit as well. Your teeth have to be checked so that early signs of damage will be detected and addressed accordingly. The earlier they are detected, the greater the chance that we will be able to save our teeth from getting damaged and extracted. It is always great to give a smile to people around us. And having a healthy set of teeth will always give you the confidence to show off and share your smile with everyone.
(Please call for Dental Hygienist availability in your area , availability varies depending on location.)
Dental Cleaning Pricing
Our Ontario registered health care professionals will be sure to exceed your expectations and provide you the highest quality in mobile health care. Most services are covered under your extended health plan. HST and Travel time included in all of our pricing.
Locations We Service
- Chiropractic – Burlington, ON
- Chiropractic – Hamilton, ON
- Chiropractic – Oakville, ON
- Chiropractic – Mississauga, ON
- Chiropractic – Milton, ON
- Chiropractic – Toronto, ON
- Chiropractic – North York, ON