You will start by getting assessed by one of our Physiotherapists. They will create a treatment plan for your personal trainer to follow. The treatment plan will address any physical imbalances, limitations in range of motion or injured areas to be avoided.
How do I start?
Do I Need Any Equipment?
No, our trainers will bring all the equipment that is required for a training session. If you do have training equipment available to you or live in a condo with a gym, your equipment will be incorporated into your plan. Most of your initial exercises will incorporate your own body weight.
Why do Most People Want Personal Training?
There are a variety of reasons why someone wants to start personal training. Weight loss seems to be number one, followed by improved conditioning and training for a sport specific goal like running a marathon. Whatever the reason may be we have the staff to see to it that you succeed and reach your goals. Whether it is losing your baby weight, that “muffin top” or getting back in to the shape you used to be, we will do our best to make sure it happens.
What is Healthy Weight Loss?
The first step to weight loss is eating the right way! Healthy weight loss is considered to be 1 -2 pounds a week. To lose weight, you must use up more calories than you take in! Live by this rule and you will do fine.
By adjusting your diet you can lose weight without ever really increasing your activity levels. Since one pound is equal to 3,500 calories, all you need to is reduce your caloric intake by 500—1000 calories per day to lose about 1 to 2 pounds per week naturally.
Once you’ve achieved a healthy weight, by relying on healthful eating and physical activity 23-4 days of the week (about 60—90 minutes, moderate intensity), you are more likely to be successful at keeping the weight off over the long term.
How do I Keep The Weight Off For Good?
Here are 5 simple tips to keeping the weight off once you reached your goal.
- Weekly weigh ins- Weigh yourself once a week at the same time to track your weight and make sure the pounds do not sneak up on you.
- Write out your goals- A goal might be “stop snacking at work” write out your goals and review them on a regular basis as a reminder to cut out unnecessary snacking.
- Track the food you eat- Keep a food diary of all the meals you eat, track your calories to make sure you do not exceed your daily limit.
- Portion Control- Measure out all your portions before eating. A kitchen scale can be a great tool to ensure you do not over eat.
- Maintain your activity- this one is pretty simple and possibly the easiest, maintain an active lifestyle. Try to go out for a walk, ride a bike, take the stairs or book a personal training session with one of our trainers.
Personal Training Pricing
Our Ontario registered health care professionals will be sure to exceed your expectations and provide you the highest quality in mobile health care. Most services are covered under your extended health plan. HST and Travel time included in all of our pricing.
Locations We Service
- Personal Training – Burlington, ON
- Personal Training – Hamilton, ON
- Personal Training – Oakville, ON
- Personal Training – Mississauga, ON
- Personal Training – Milton, ON
- Personal Training – Toronto, ON