Benefits of Physiotherapy for Seniors
Exercising on a regular basis is at times doubted. But is it safe for the elderly people to exercise? Absolutely!
With age, our body does take some more time to repair itself. However, if we indulge in some sort of balanced physical activity it is beneficial for people of all ages. Rather, the benefits of the elderly exercising regularly are more than the risks.
When the elderly people in connection with the benefits of physiotherapy for seniors exercise on a regular basis, it provides many health benefits that include an improvement in the blood pressure, lipid profile, diabetes and osteoporosis, osteoarthritis.
Regular exercise improves:
- Osteoporosis: Exercise in connection with the benefits of physiotherapy for seniors helps in the protection of loss in bone mass. When the senior citizens have a better bone density, it will minimize the dangers of steo-porosis. It also lowers the risk of falling and broken bones.
- Cardio-Respiratory Functions: Regular physical activity in the elderly minimizes the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease If a senior citizen has hypertension. This is why exercise will lower the blood pressure.
- Gastrointestinal Function: By exercising regularly the senior citizens promote the efficient way of getting rid of waste and encourage digestive health.
- Immune Function: When the elder people have a healthy, strong body, it helps them to ward off infection and sickness more easily and more quickly.
- Physiotherapy for Arthritis: There are numerous seniors that get physiotherapy treatments to help reduce the pain caused by arthritis. Arthritis in the hips, knees, and other joints can be very painful. The more pain which the senior’s experiences, the less likely they are to move and get exercise, which only makes the problem worse. When the seniors indulge in physiotherapy, it can enhance the circulation of blood and at the same time it also helps to reduce the pain and the causes of the pain of arthritis.
- Strength Building and Stabilization: One more reason in connection with the benefits of physiotherapy for seniors as to why seniors have physiotherapy is that they are of the belief that they are unstable or not strong enough. The seniors stop exercising because they have the fear of falling down and doing anything physical that seems to pose a risk. However an excellent way to get stronger and reduce the risk of a fall is to build strength. Physiotherapy is what is able to help to increase strength in a controlled environment so that the senior citizens can get out and enjoy life without fear.
The ideal exercise prescription for the elderly is made up of three components: strength training, aerobic exercise, and balance and also flexibility.
I like that you talked about how physiotherapy can help seniors in protecting them from losing bone mass so they can prevent from suffering in osteoporosis. Our family has a history of osteoporosis. Since my husband and I are aging, we want to make sure that we’ll be able to improve the density of our bones to lower our risk of having osteoporosis. I will make sure to visit a physiotherapist with my husband soon.
This a very a very good article. i can’t wait for your next article you will upload next article in a few days.https://www.acuphysiohealth.co.nz/