Football injuries-Massage therapy can be beneficial
In the game of football, injuries are very common because the ball has to be kicked with full energy and the player has to run over the field to get control over the ball, snatch the ball from other player and so on. While playing the game many a times player falls down, or improper position while kicking the ball puts strain in the muscles, injuries in feet, tension in the muscles etc., can occur. These problems have to be handled instantly or else they may result in some serious problem which can bring an end to the career of the sports person. For this massage therapy is the most accurate solution. It is an ideal mechanism for dealing with the pain of neck and back, muscles pain, joint pains, headaches, sprains, acute injuries, the injuries due to improper alignment of the muscles, problem of posture and so on. If the player suffers from minor injuries then generally therapists perform physical examination and then according pressure is applied over the muscles to heal it or medication is prescribed to the player. But if the injuries are serious then along with the therapy surgeries have also to be performed. Considering the risk of the injuries during the sport, each team is allowed to have therapists for themselves who can handle the problem as soon as it occurs and provide it a temporary solution for it.
What are the benefits of massage therapy for football injuries?
- The spasm in the muscles, pain and tension is reduced.
- Endorphins are the natural painkillers of the body which can be released by effective therapy that enables the player to bear the pain.
- If the flow of blood in the body is hindered because of some muscular injury then it may result in the clogging of blood which can become severe problem overtime. This can be handled by providing massage to the player as it helps in proper circulation of blood by removing all the blockages.
- If a player suffers from the problem of anxiety and hypertension, then it too can be handled with the therapy sessions as it provides relaxation to both mind and body of the individual.
- The pressure over the muscles while playing the game, sometimes result in swelling of that particular part of body which occurs mostly because of the accumulation of fluids in the muscular tissues. This can be tackled by the massage therapy.