Massage therapy-a boon for sports injuries
Games and sports basically require flexible and active body so as to give better performance. Both body and mind should be completely fit in order to excel in the game. One such prominent game of interest is hockey. In this game the players hold a hockey stick and aim at getting the ball in their respective goal stand. While playing this game, the players suffer several problems such as stretching of the muscles, strain in the muscles, joint pains, muscular injuries, ankle and feet injuries etc. these injuries can be handled instantly by a massage therapist. A massage therapist is basically a professional who deals with the muscles of the body and tends to reduce the stress of the muscles providing relaxation to the individual.
Benefits of massage therapy for hockey injuries–
- Increases flexibility-it is important for a football player to maintain optimal performance. For that high degree of flexibility is required which can be obtained from massage therapy as it stretches the muscles fibres which in turn promotes and maintain flexibility.
- Improves blood circulation-better circulation of blood in the body helps the player to breathe easily and to move in an efficient manner. With the help of therapy the flow of blood can be maintained which improves its circulation in the body and also the performance of player.
- Alleviates pain of muscles- if somehow the player had some injury during the game and he is suffering from pain then they might not be able to give their best. With the help of the regular therapy sessions the pain of the muscles can be curbed which helps the player to have better performance.
- Helps in promoting better patterns of sleep-sleep is essential for the relaxation of the body and also mind which has direct impact over the performance of the player. With the help of the regular massage therapy, the quality of sleep of the players can be improved so that they can relax well.
- Enhances the level of relaxation-stress is the main cause which can be a hindrance in the performance of the player. The level of stress and strain of the player can be reduced with the help of the therapy sessions.
- Heals muscles of the body-It helps in reducing the pain, muscles spasm and tension of the muscles.
- Releases natural painkillers of the body-endorphins are considered as natural body painkillers which are released because of the massage therapy which prove beneficial for the player.