The Best Way to Get in Shape This Summer
A lot of people panic in the thought of baring it all this summer in the beach or in the pool because of the current physique state that they have. Well, here are a few fitness pointers on how you can lose those unwanted poundage just in time for that water dip you have been longing for, and, it does not require a crash diet program. All you need is a good personal training program and you would be off with that beach body in no time.
- Create some small changes and have the conviction to stick with it. Make doable, reachable goals one a time and religiously follow it. Once you are able to satisfy one goal, create another. For example, you may want to create and follow a strict exercise regimen. You can begin by strictly waking up an hour earlier than your usual waking up time. This may be a small goal but for a lot of people, it is very difficult to sustain. But it is attainable and you have to commit to it. Once you are able to manage and master your first objective, you can add a new one to complement it. For instance, you may want to add another half hour to your workout.
- Be realistic with your goals. Inasmuch as we all want to lose ten pounds or more in a single week to be as sexy as we want to be when summer arrives, it may not be possible unless you do some extremely risky workouts. Do your best but make your goals attainable based on your physical capabilities. A healthy goal would one pound per week.
- If you do not want to do any type of dieting, at least you have to watch your calorie intake. The other half of the battle of the bulges lies in proper nutrition and it starts with being aware of the amount of calories you are taking in. For the novice slim fanatic, a woman’s daily caloric intake should be at 1500.
- Avoid processed food and eat real food. Instead of going for those low-fat meals, eat real fruits and vegetables. They are definitely better in nutritional value compared to processed meals. At the same time, vegetables and fruits are rich in fibre. Fibre will keep you feeling full for a long time. If you want to eat meat, choose turkey or white chicken meat because they contain lots of protein which helps the body in burning more fats. Protein is also vital in building muscle mass. Yes, steak can be nice every now and then but you have to eat in moderation since red meat contains so many calories. On the other hand, fish and chicken meat contain less, and they are delicious, too.
- A lot of people make the mistake of eliminating carbohydrates from their meals. The truth is, carbohydrates provide the fuel that the body needs for weight loss. Just choose your carb source. Go for brown rice, sweet potatoes, and whole grain bread instead of white bread, white rice, and sweets.
If you are a busy mom, you can do your workout at home with a personal trainer or on your own. There are a lot of effective exercises that you can do in the comfort your home and achieve the same weight loss results that you would get in an expensive gym.